Saturday, November 15, 2008

Truthseekers International


“While they were washing my feet, I felt that someone was washing my sin, cleansing my heart, and showing me real love...someone was washing my heart and mind... I was thinking someone made me free from fear and anger. I experienced a new joy and peace.”

-Renu
New Delhi, Nov 2007

“India may be booming, but not for those who occupy the lowest rung...The Dalits, once known as untouchables, continue to live in grinding poverty and suffer discrimination...”
-Washington Post, June 21, 2007

The History

For 3,000 years, India has been bound by a rigid social and religious system called caste. This system, espoused by the Hindu scriptures, keeps over 700 million people, or more than 10% of the world’s population, in bondage. Despite popular belief, caste is “alive and well” in India. Caste declares the inequality of mankind, and that inequality is of divine order.

The Purpose

We are following the model of Jesus, washing the feet of oppressed and abused low-caste India. These are people made in God’s image. This is living out the life of Jesus in flesh and blood, washing feet in order to wash hearts, minds, and souls. We are bringing a new identity to India’s majority population. This is the lived-out message of reconciliation: Man to God, and Man to Man.

The Work

Join Truthseekers International in honoring those who are not considered worthy of honor by those holding political, social and economic power in India. Bring a different message to them, the
message of hope, of love, of dignity and respect for all mankind. Every person on this earth bears God’s image, and you can join us in honoring God by honoring those whom He has created. Come join us by washing the feet of the low-caste and Dalits of India.

3 comments:

Mark Weber said...

Wow...continuing the long journey to just arrive!
I imagine the contrast between the wealth of Dubai and India will be dramatic.

debbiej said...

Jason
I am so proud of you.I was truely blessed when God brought you into my life. I love you Mom
P.S.
Why is it that where ever you go monkeys follow? hee hee

debbiej said...

Uncle Jason
Why do monkeys like to jump on the town and do monkeys eat dog food?
Do monkeys go on the grass sometimes.
Love Ashlynn